When it comes to industrial work, cranes have always played a very important role. As a matter of fact, the use of this device can be traced back to the period of ancient Greece. Over the centuries, they have become indispensable when it comes to construction work and lifting of heavy materials. A typical crane consists of many different parts, with multiple different types of cables, pulleys and levers.
Crane Designing for Lifting Bricks, Stones and Other Building Materials:
A crane is designed in such a way that it can lift weights which are beyond the capability of humans. Over the years, a wide number of different types of designs have evolved, which were innovated in order to meet different industrial needs. It can be easily stated that a crane is a simple device which is used to carry out complex activities, like lifting heavy weights. You can hire a manual or an automatic crane depending on the requirement that you have.
How Does a Crane Operate?
There are 2 most important aspects that need to be taken into consideration. They are as follows:
- A crane shouldn’t be used to move or lift weights which are beyond its capacity. It needs to be mentioned that there are different specifications for cranes which are used for carrying our different types of tasks.
- Any stressful movement, which exceeds the capacity of the machine, needs to be eliminated. Cranes can be suspended with the help of hoist ropes, chain ropes or sheaves and they can be used to move loads beyond the normal capacity of individuals.
Coming to the question of how does a crane work? A crane can lift objects because the load is offset by the counterweights which help to stabilize the crane. This mechanism allows the crane to move and lift weights.
Different Types of Cranes that are used
As mentioned, there are different types of specifications which are available when it comes to cranes. While mobile and tower cranes are more popular, you can also go for static or telescopic cranes depending on the commercial loading needs. Heavy cranes are tough to move from one place to another, and for mobile towers, you need a definite and different set of cranes. Rough terrain cranes, and vehicle-mounted ones are also now much in use in different regions.
Capabilities and Features of Cranes
Here is a brief insight into some of the features and capabilities of the modern day cranes.
- Lifting capability: It suggests how much load can a crane lift
- Lifting range: At what height the load needs to be raised
- Working Radius: What is the area of work which the crane needs to cover
- Weight and Dimensions: When it comes to cranes, one of the most important considerations that need to be made is positioning it. The mobility and size of the crane has to match and fit with different restrictions at the site.
- Night Working: In order to work with cranes at night, there has to adequate arrangement for lighting
- Setup Time: It is the type of the project and how quickly it needs to be finished that determines the setup time of a crane. For instance, Tower cranes can be setup within a very short span of time.
These are some of the most common features of these modern day devices. Apart from these, there are different other types of specifications that needs to be taken into consideration while choosing a crane to carry out industrial work. You can now go for major commercial crane hire, with reference to your budget and the complete industrial or building requirements.