Blood pressure is the force exerted by blood on the walls of arteries as it goes through the circulatory system. It goes through changes during the day, increases if you have exertion or stress and decreases when your body is at rest.
High Blood Pressure or hypertension if not administered properly can lead to heart attack, a stroke
Yoga done regularly can reduce stress which is one of the underlying causes of high bp and helps in relaxing the mind and body. Pranayama can be beneficial too in managing high bp. Deep and conscious breathing can quickly lower the blood pressure and calm the nerves.
This article throws light on some of the ways on how yoga helps to manage high blood pressure:
How does Yoga Help?
- Yoga poses that do not impose force on the body work wonders for people suffering from high blood pressure. Restorative yoga asanas are useful for lowering blood pressure naturally.
- While yoga practice has a positive effect on the body as a whole, there are some specific asanas that affects the most while lowering high blood pressure. Some of these are
shishuasana, vajrasana, paschimottanasana, Shavasana, sukhasana, badhakonasana, virasana, ardha halasana.
- Yoga helps in providing a soothing effect on the nerves and lowers an abnormal heart rate.
- It builds up immunity and reduces the probability of having
a heartdisease or stroke.
- Insufficient sleep is the main reason for stress which in turn can cause high blood pressure. Yoga normalizes the sleeping pattern and helps you to sleep longer and better.
Unhealthylifestyle and eating processed food can lead to obesity which can, in turn, cause high bp. Regularly practicing yoga asanas can keep body weight in check.
- Yoga results in positive energy in the body and mind. This helps in regulating normal heart rate and blood pressure in the body.
- It relieves stress and fatigue resulting in proper blood circulation in the body.
- It creates a balance between your mind, body, and soul.
More Tips for Reducing High BP
- Pranayama can also help in controlling
bloodpressure by improving blood circulation.
- The vibrations generated in the body during pranayama relaxes the body and mind deeply, thus relieving anxiety and stress and lowering the blood pressure.
- Deep and regulated breaths in pranayama
helpsin clearing blockages in the arteries, thus creating a smooth flow of blood.
- Yoga stretches helps in keeping your muscles stretchable and arteries flexible, thereby lowering the blood pressure.
- High cholesterol
levelcan be a cause of high bp. Yoga and meditation keepsthe cholesterol level in check.
- Deep breathing calms your sympathetic nervous system and increases blood flow to your heart.
- Your body and mind
haspositive effects when the nervous system is balanced. This means you are able to cope up with stress better which results in the lowering of blood pressure.
- If you want to calm your mind and relax your body, you can opt for yoga teacher training in Nepal in which
200 houryoga teacher training in Nepal is one of the programs which provides in depthknowledge and practice of yoga in nature.