I found out some nice facts about our country India. I would like to share this with you people.
Around 100 million years ago, India was an island.
India was an island 100 million years ago. But about 50 million years ago, dinosaurs were extinct and the continental plate collided with Asia, buckling the coastal area of both continents and creating the Himalayas.
2. Varanasi is one of the oldest inhabited places in the world
According to mythology, Varanasi was founded 5000 years ago by Lord ram. It is situated near the banks of the Ganga
3. The name India is derived from the “Indus” river.
4. India has the world’s 4th-largest active army, after China.
With 1,455,550 active military personnel India is in third place after China
5. The Tirupati Balaji temple and the Kashi Vishwanath Temple both, receive more visitors than the Vatican City and Mecca combined.
6. Every 12 years, a religious gathering called the Kumbh Mela occurs in India. It is the world’s largest gathering of people. And it is visible through space Imaging’s Ikonos satellite.
7. India planted nearly 50 million trees in 24 hours
On Monday 11th July 2016, set a new Guinness World Record!
8. Bandra Worli Sealink has steel wires equal to the earth’s circumference
It took a total of 2,57,00,000 man-hours for completion and also weighs as many as 50,000 African elephants. Proper engineering and architectural marvel. The eight-lane sea link, constructed at a cost of ₹1,600 crores, is the first cable-stayed bridge on the open sea in India.
9. The highest cricket ground in the world
At an altitude of 2,444 meters, the Chail Cricket Ground in Chail, Himachal Pradesh, is the highest in the world.
10. Science day in Switzerland is dedicated to Ex-Indian President, APJ Abdul Kalam
The father of India’s missile programme visited Switzerland back in 2006. Upon his arrival, Switzerland declared May 26th as Science Day.
11. The first rocket in India was transported on a cycle
The first rocket was so light and small that it was transported on a bicycle to the Thumba Launching Station in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
12. India is the world’s second-largest English-speaking country
India has 125 million people speaking the language, which is only 10% of our population. This is expected to grow by quite a margin in the coming years to be precise 4 times.
13. The world’s largest producer of milk (with 22 per cent of global production)
14. Rabindranath Tagore also wrote the national anthem for Bangladesh
Rabindranath Tagore who wrote the Indian National Anthem “Jana Gana Mana”, also wrote Bangladesh National Anthem “Amar Sonar Bangla”
15. Diamonds were first mined in India from the 4th century BC to 1725
Initially, diamonds were only found in the alluvial deposits in the Guntur and Krishna Districts of the Krishna River Delta. Until the 18th century, diamonds were also found in Brazil.
16. India has a floating post office in Dal Lake, Srinagar
17. India is the largest producer of films in the world.
India is the largest producer of films in the world and the second oldest film industry in the world which originated around about 103 years ago. India makes as many as 16,000 films every year in different languages.
18. People travelling by Railways in India in one day is almost equal to the Australian Population
Indian Railways carries over 23 million people in almost 12600 trains, connecting 7172 stations.
19. India has the largest number of vegetarians in the world
Almost 42% of the Indian Population is vegetarian
20. This village In India does not have doors to their houses
Shani Shingnapur is a village without doors to its houses. it is located in Maharashtra. They believe lord Shani will protect them. Almost 40,000 devotees visit every day.
21. A special voting booth for a single voter in Gujarat
A voter Mahant Bharatdas Darshandas lives in the middle of Gir forest in Gujarat. He is been voting since 2004.
22. With 11,873 Millimetres of Rain, Annually Mawsynram is the wettest place in the world
Mawsynram is the wettest place in the world it receives 11,873 mm of rainfall yearly. This place has a Guinness world record. It is located in Meghalaya.
23. Lonar Lake in Maharashtra formed by a meteor
It is a lake located in the Buldhana district, of Maharashtra. It has a depth of 137 m and a max length of 1830 m. It was created by an asteroid collision with earth impact during the Pleistocene Epoch period