When a customer makes an online purchase from your website, their order may travel quite a distance before it gets delivered to them. There is a huge chance of the product being mishandled in transit causing it to get damaged, and ruining your customer’s experience. Packaging, however, does more than only safeguard your goods; it also influences how consumers view your brand. So, it would help if you were sincere about packaging your product for delivery. The steps that might help you to make the whole process easier and more appreciative are as follows.
1. Organizing Your Stock Efficiently
By smartly organizing the packing area as well as shelves, you might save a great deal of time. By placing your top-selling items next to the packaging area, you can reduce the distance between promotional items and best-selling goods.
Pre-packaging popular products and putting them on racks where they will be easily accessible is a fantastic way to be more efficient. Tape Customizer may help you to grab these products on shelves and dispatch them immediately. Have you got any products that are frequently bought in pairs? You need to make sure they are placed next to each other on the storage shelves.
Labelling shelves, as well as rows with obvious signs, will prevent anyone from wasting time looking for the items, which is also an effective technique to save time. Setting up a packaging zone where every tool you need is available, helps you to save quite a lot of effort and time.
2. Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
It is recommended to avoid adding too many processes and touchpoints that could wind up confusing the personnel. Additionally, that can hamper your procedure, requiring more time, which can furthermore, cause delays in the delivery. As per studies, delaying shipment discourages customers from making purchases by 40%.
It is essential to have a simplified procedure that only uses designated areas that are used for different types of materials. Along with giving your staff the necessary packaging training, defining the packaging material for each SKU (stock-keeping unit) is crucial.
You can improve this by creating checklists as well as SOPs to make sure that your packaging team is adhering to the given instructions.
3. Using Good Quality Material
When fulfilment costs increase, packaging will become an essential component of those expenses and a significant consideration. The price of packaging, however, cannot be reduced.
Even though high-quality packaging material is expensive, investing in it is still required. The items may wind up being destroyed while in transit if the packaging materials’ quality is compromised. Even worse, it may harm other products in addition to the specific one being damaged. Therefore, making a sufficient investment in high-quality product packaging for delivery is always a wise option for your business.
A resin thermal transfer ribbon is a specialized printing consumable designed for high-quality and durable label printing applications. It consists of a layer of resin material that, when heated, transfers onto the label surface, ensuring long-lasting and resistant printouts suitable for challenging environments such as industrial or outdoor settings.
4. Choosing the Right Size
Never decide to package a product in oversize containers. Depending on the volumetric mass, which is (Length x Height x Breadth) / 5000, you must bear additional expenditures for space. As a result, you should always check that the dimensions you choose for the order’s packaging are adequate and tighten up the product placement inside the box.
Here, Tape Customizer can work nicely to package the products appropriately. Besides, you could consider trying several boxes to determine which suits your SKUs best if you want to acquire the perfect fit. It will undoubtedly give you more clarity regarding the packing and help you establish a baseline for the procedure.
5. Packaging Small Items
Here’s a guide on how to package tiny products to guarantee their security while shipping.
- Using a Cardboard Box: A cardboard box seems preferable to a fabric or plastic bag for the majority of items that qualify for parcel shipping since it provides more protection. And preferably, you have to be utilizing a brand-new one that is not ripped, bent, or damaged.
- Putting Pad Inside the Container: When you put your item inside the box, leave a gap of 2 to 3 inches across each side so that packing peanuts, bubble wrap, styrofoam, or paper can be used as padding. These protect the item from harsh blows and stop it from shifting inside the box.
- Taping the Seams: To prevent the package from accidentally opening, seal the box’s seams using packing tape after you’ve filled it. Duct tape or packaging materials are sturdy and adhesive enough to preserve the box sealed during delivery. In case you need to replace something or add extra stuff inside, leave the top cover open then tape it at the last end.
- Including Labels and Information: You must include some labels and pertinent information in your shipment. These assist your carrier in delivering your package to its destination and they consist of:
- The addresses you list on the back of the box for pickup and delivery.
- If your carrier requires them, provide multiple copies of the label.
- Also, provide a proforma receipt and affix it to the exterior of the box in case it is necessary.
6. Packaging Large Items
If your business provides heavy products on delivery, here’s how to pack them to ensure that the shipment is delivered unharmed.
- Using Durable Packaging: A strong, durable product packaging for delivery that can support the weight of entire boxes piled on top of one another is corrugated cardboard. Additionally, even when the cushioning layer has been degraded, well-taped seams may prevent the box from being ripped or torn open.
- Cushioning the Box: Even if your package is handled carelessly during transit, the possibility of breakage is decreased by proper cushioning surrounding your item. To strengthen the box, add enclosures made of engineered foam or other dense cushioning components, such as Styrofoam.
- Placing the Shipment on Pallets: Pallets are platforms built of plastic or wood that are intended to withstand the strain of unloading and loading heavy cargo, making it easier to transport a heavier consignment around. Use it to keep your products intact.
Product Packaging for delivery is essential for the safety and efficiency of the shipping of the products. Without properly packing the items they may get ruined and lose their value by the time it gets delivered to the consumer. So, to make sure your products are supplied with efficacy, use this aforementioned list as a guide. It will certainly increase your sales, as well as your customer retention.