How frustrating it becomes when you need to travel for hours to work and then back home? And those long hours of sitting during a desk job at times become painful, in a literal sense, and the constant struggle of balancing work-life balance only builds up the level of stress.
Our lifestyle and work culture have drastically changed over the years, where a sedentary lifestyle has taken over. All these elements are liable to hours wasted on traveling to work, daily hustle, and much more that brings down the level of both physical and mental levels of fitness.
But to stay fit, you don’t need lengthy workout sessions or to step on your mat to practice. Take a healthy break even when you’re sitting in the office with easy chair yoga poses.
Sit on the chair, and add more benefits to your health and life.
Urdhva Hastasana (Upward Hand Pose)
The pose is amazing when you feel a dip in energy during mid-day.
- Sit straight and breathe in, lift your arms over the head, and hold for few seconds.
- Breathe out and bring the arms down. Repeat the pose 5-10 times while taking deep breaths.
Uttanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
When you feel pain in the lower back and shoulders, try this pose.
- Sit straight, inhale, and lift the body slightly while raising the arms overhead.
- Exhale and bend forward, folding from the hips and try to touch the floor.
- Place your hands beside the feet and hold for 10-15 seconds.
Bharadvajasana (Spinal Twist Pose)
Feeling bloated after lunch, want to decompress the spine, or detox the body, Spinal Twist Pose is the cure.
- Sit sideways on your chair and inhale.
- As you exhale, twist by turning the upper body towards the right.
- Don’t move the legs, and while breathing deeply, hold the pose for 30 seconds.
- Release and repeat the pose on the other side.
Gomukhasana (Cow Face Pose)
Relax the tight shoulders and hips with Gomukhasana and reclaim mobility.
- Cross your legs by keeping the right leg on the top of the left.
- Now raise your right hand and bend the elbow and keep the palm on your back.
- Now take your left arm backward and clasp both the hands together.
- Hold the pose for 10 breaths. Release and repeat the same on the other side.
Eka Pada Rajakapotasana (Chair Pigeon Pose)
Loosen your rigid hip muscles after long sitting hours with this chair pigeon pose.
- Sit straight and bring your right ankle over the left thigh.
- Bring the knee into a 90-degree ankle.
- Now rotate the femur externally, and feel a deep stretch on the backside of your hips and glute.
- Now press the knees towards the floor and hold the pose for 30 seconds.
- Release and repeat the same on the other side.
Amidst the deadline, new projects, and constant increase in work and other personal issues, take a break and give yourself a few minutes to relax and revive. Learn more about these amazing poses during yoga teacher training in India.
Spare some time and feel energetic all day long.